Purple mattresses and Tempurpedic mattresses, among the most essential and famous beds in the bedding industry, are finally brought down head-to-head. If you’re looking for a comfortable yet affordable mattress but are confused between the two brands, then worry not, as we have got your back! This Purple mattress vs Tempurpedic mattress comparison blog will clear all your thoughts and confusions.
These different mattresses are suitable for different kinds of sleepers, so it is only fair to judge which mattress is better for you if you’re the kind of sleeper it chooses to be suitable for. Say, if you’re the type that fits into squishy yet firm feel, then you might select Purple mattress. But, if you’re the type that prefers cloud-like-softness, then a Tempurpedic bed would work best for you.
Let us look into more detail.
Purple Mattress is Suitable For:
- A purple mattress is best for people who require support for their hips and spinal area. Generally, stomach sleepers prefer the Purple mattress.
- Due to Purple’s tech and infusion of gel in their mattresses, many hot sleepers choose to sleep on the Purple bed.
- Purple mattresses are comparatively valuable in terms of money and quality. They are affordable, so people who want to save some dollars should opt for Purple mattresses.
For a detailed Purple mattress review or overview, head over here.
Tempurpedic Mattress is Suitable For:
- It is generally suitable for side sleepers who want pressure relief.
- People who prefer luxury or a premium-quality mattress and can afford higher-end beds should go for Tempurpedic Mattress.
- Many people who like to sleep on memory foam mattresses choose to sleep on Tempurpedic Mattress.
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic: Feel
The Purple mattress uses its innovative hyper-elastic polymer gel grid that gives the bed a squishy but firm feel. The gel grid is activated on certain pressure, and it then offers pressure relief. On other parts, it remains upright for support. It is very responsive and gives a bouncy feel, so moving on the Purple bed is relatively straightforward.
The Tempurpedic mattress has a memory foam mattress layer that allows sleepers to sink into the mattress. This mattress offers the right level of contouring and pressure relief. However, moving on to the Tempurpedic bed is a bit slower process. It has a slow response to pressure.
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Construction
The build and layers are essential to know if you’re going mattress shopping. Since each layer has a purpose, you might want a particular layer to be firm or soft, or maybe you might want an additional layer or a memory foam layer in your mattress. This section will review the construction of both beds in detail.
First comes the cover. The Purple mattress has a SoftFlex cover that wraps around the entire bed. It is super soft, breathable, relaxed and much flexible as well. The cover allows the Purple’s gel to move quickly.
As for the Tempurpedic mattress, it uses a 360-degree super breathable cover. It is very soft and allows air to pass and heat to dissipate.
The Purple mattress consists of 2 inches proprietary Purple grid. It is made from the innovative hyper-elastic polymer gel that makes the mattress bouncy and firm. When it gets activated, the pressure points are tended to. The thick foam encasement covers the top layer that enhances the edge support. The foam transition layer under the grid also provides support to the sleepers.
The Tempurpedic’s comfort layer is called the Tempur Comfort layer. It is made using a new material called Tempur, which has the qualities of being soft. It relieves pressure at the pressure points and works magically to support the sleepers. It consists of a Tempur Support transition layer under it that enhances the support system of the mattress.
There is a base layer under the Purple’s foam transition layer. It is super firm and adds the support that your body needs. Due to this layer, you do not get the entirely sinking feeling as you lay on the Purple bed.
The Tempurpedic mattress uses a high-density foam layer as the base layer. It increases the durability of the bed and improves its overall structure.
Similarities Between the Purple and Tempurpedic
Similarities in Purple mattress vs Tempurpedic may leave you a bit shocked. Although both of the brands are different and cater to other people’s needs, there are still some similarities.
- Both are known brands and produce quality mattresses.
- Both companies have various models of beds made up of different types.
- Both companies offer excellent customer services and support
- Both companies use a firm foam base in their beds to enhance support and comfort.
- Both companies provide perks of comfort and support for back sleepers.
Differences Between the Purple and Tempurpedic
Now the question comes, how do both companies, Purple mattress vs Tempurpedic mattress, distinguish from each other? Following are the key differences between them:
- The Tempurpedic mattresses are generally softer than Purple mattresses.
- The Purple mattress uses its innovative features and materials in the layers.
- The mattress firm feel of the two companies has a huge difference.
- The Purple mattress is a more affordable option for people compared to the Tempurpedic mattress
- The Purple mattress is more relaxed and more breathable.
· Both are known brands and produce quality mattresses.
· Both companies have various models of beds made up of different types.
· Both companies offer excellent customer services and support
· Both companies use a firm foam base in their beds to enhance support and comfort.
· Both companies provide perks of comfort and support for back sleepers.
· Tempurpedic mattresses are generally softer than Purple mattresses.
· The Purple mattress uses its innovative features and materials in the layers.
· The mattress firm feel of the two companies has a huge difference.
· The Purple mattress is a more affordable option for people compared to the Tempurpedic mattress
· The Purple mattress is more relaxed and more breathable.
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Firmness
The mattress firm scale of every mattress matters since some people might want their mattress to be less firm, while some might prefer a firmer mattress. Both mattresses are medium-firm. However, the Purple mattress is slightly firmer than the Tempurpedic mattress. On average, the Purple mattress can be scaled to a 6.5/10 mattress firm score, while the Tempurpedic scores 6/10 on the mattress firm scale.
No matter still, the firmness depends upon the type of sleeper. If the sleeper weighs a bit heavier, they might prefer a firmer mattress. On the other hand, Softer mattresses are more suitable for lightweight people as they will not sink into the beds.
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Sleeping Positions
The Purple mattress can mould or collapse under the butt and hips for some pressure relief, and it stays straight everywhere else to offer support to the spine. This makes the Purple mattress the best match for back sleepers. Because the hips stay elevated and aligned with the spine, it is also suitable for stomach sleepers.
The Purple mattress gives support and gently holds the heavy-weighing people. It activates the gel grid and reacts to the pressure points. On the other hand, the lighter-weight people might not feel the support as the gel is not activated. This could make the mattress a bit firmer for such people.
In a Tempurpedic mattress, the memory foam layer offers contouring that your body needs, and it further aids the pressure points to keep the hips and the spine aligned. This type of comfortable mattress is best for back sleepers! You can purchase Tempur Pedic for back pain. While moving on to the side sleeping moving, you’ll feel sudden pressure relief, and it will bless your body.
However, it may be too soft for stomach sleepers which causes the hips to bow into the mattress, which further causes back pain. This Purple vs Tempurpedic mattress comparison is only fair according to a specific type of people.
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Performances
Let’s look at the mattresses and how well they respond when it comes to motion isolation, temperature regulation, edge support, and more.
The Purple mattress company wins the race here since it allows the sleeper to cool with its gel. The temperature is neutral, and the sleeper gets a peaceful and breathable sleep. The cover of the Purple mattress allows the air to flow easily.
Due to the memory foam present in the Tempurpedic mattress, it is easier to move around. The mattress helps minimize the motion transfer across the bed; thus, it is good with motion isolation.
The edge support on both mattresses is equal. Both companies have made suitable measurements for edge support in the mattresses, so you do not need to worry about falling off the bed during your sleep!
Both mattresses are made using fine materials and are part of two known companies. Both make premium mattresses, so you can expect both mattresses to last long.
You might face off-gassing with the Tempurpedic mattress. However, it will only last for a few days. For Purple mattress, there is not any off-gassing experience.
It is easier to move about the Purple bed than the Tempurpedic mattress in the Tempurpedic vs Purple competition. The Purple mattress is more responsive, making switching positions easier on the bed.
Not much cooler
Has average motion isolation
Good edge support
Good edge support
Premium quality, expected to run for a long time
Premium quality, expected to run for a long time
You might experience Off-Gassing for a few days
More responsive so easier to move aorund
Not as much responsive
Purple Mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Size and Cost
Here’s a table of a general overview of the Purple mattress cost and Tempurpedic cost according to the sizes available.
Here, the Tempurpedic mattress costs more than the Purple mattress for the same size. The Tempurpedic full bed costs about $700 more than the Purple full mattress.
Purple mattress vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Conclusion
After all the detailed comparison, here’s what we have concluded for you:
- It is only the Purple mattress in the industry that uses the Hyper-Elastic Polymer for a weightless feel.
- If you can afford a premium mattress with a luxury design that has a bit higher rate, then you can try Tempurpedic mattresses.
- If you’re a hot sleeper and want constant airflow during your sleep, then the Purple mattress is generally a cooler and affordable option for you.
Some people might prefer Purple’s innovative features, while others prefer slow-moving memory foam mattresses. It all depends on the person’s choice.
Both the mattresses are better for different kinds of sleepers. So, you can justify that a single mattress company is best for all types.
Purple mattress is an affordable yet worth mattress to buy if you’re a stomach sleeper or a hot sleeper. It costs slightly less than the Tempurpedic mattress, so it works best for people on a budget.
The Purple mattress uses its innovative Purple Grid technology and is an all-foam mattress. It does not use memory foam; it uses the Purple Grid layer.
Tempur-Breeze is the coolest Tempurpedic mattress that you can get to feel 8 degrees cool all night.